HOMEPAGE coachesWesley West DuPont softball fieldvisitor’s guideadmissions news: ►rosterschedulestatswinter camp. To contact the team, please write Head Coach Juli Greep at Juli.Greep@wesley.edu; to contact this blog, please write WesleySoftball@gmail.com. Other than being a parent of a player, this blog has no association with Wesley College.



Thursday, October 6, 2016

SPORTS LASTING IMPACT

Sports' lasting impact
Four of life's lessons
taught through sports


Key points summarized from a larger article at Varsity News by Maggie Tabone. CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL STORY.

Sports have a lasting unique impact on our lives that cannot be compared to any other type of activity...

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT 

WHEN TALENT DOESN’T WORK HARD

I was never the most talented athlete... I made my mark by working hard... This translates to my everyday life... My academic success does not come from being the “smartest,” it purely comes from working hard and being diligent.

Wesley Wolverine senior #42 INF
 Devin Mackay (Bangor, PA)

ADVERSITY BUILDS CHARACTER

Whether it be returning from an injury, or coping with a losing season, athletics forces players to face adversity... I also have been coached by some people who just didn’t get it. I have learned to... fight through! This applies in the classroom, in relationships with others and in the workplace.

TEAMWORK MAKES 

THE DREAM WORK

I have learned that we might not like everyone we come in contact with, but we must be able to respect them and put it aside for the greater good... Being on a team has challenged me to work with teammates to accomplish our goals.

PUSHING MYSELF OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE

Having the ability to test myself and know that it is ok to step out of your comfort zone has allowed me to continue to strive to reach my fullest potential, in all aspects of my life.