HOMEPAGE coachesWesley West DuPont softball fieldvisitor’s guideadmissions news: ►rosterschedulestatswinter camp. To contact the team, please write Head Coach Juli Greep at Juli.Greep@wesley.edu; to contact this blog, please write WesleySoftball@gmail.com. Other than being a parent of a player, this blog has no association with Wesley College.



Thursday, August 25, 2016

ALYSSA ZIMMERMAN PROFILE


Alyssa Zimmerman leans on father
for guiding advice & as a role model


Wesley Wolverine freshman catcher Alyssa Zimmerman (Hagerstown, MD) introduces herself...

Alyssa, a catcher, with her 

best friend of 10 years, 
Savannah, 

who, as a pitcher, 
forms the 

other end of this battery.
"Hello. My name is Alyssa Zimmerman and I am from Hagerstown, Maryland.

"I graduated from Clear Spring High School in Clear Spring, Maryland as a part of the class of 2016.

"I aspire to have a degree in Law and Justice in the fall of 2020.

"After college, I plan to move to Charleston, South Carolina and begin my dream job as a forensic psychologist.

"On the field, catching is my passion. While I know the outfield well, catching will always be my main focus.

"I was awarded best defensive player my sophomore year, and made second team all county my sophomore and senior years.


Alyssa with her travel-ball team, PA Lady Steel (Chambersburg , PA).
"Wesley is more diverse and cultured than where I've lived my whole life, and I'm excited to meet new people and try new things.

"I'm overly excited to make new friends, but I'll never forget my roots. My family means everything to me, and spending time with them is always cherished.

"This past summer my family and I went on numerous vacations and camping trips together.

Alyssa frames a hard thrown pitch for the outside corner!

"On one of our camping trips when I was about 7 or 8, my father gave me advice that has stuck close to me ever since. "If you have to think twice about something, it's usually a bad decision." His advice when I was young has kept me out of trouble through high school, and will continue to keep me out of trouble through college.


"As cliché as it sounds, but favorite player is my father. He played 4 sports in high school and was recognized by the state in all 4 sports. He's very humble and did not play for the purpose of winning, but for the purpose of growing and achieving goals he set for himself. I hope to be half the person he is one day.

"Outside of my father, my favorite professional athlete is J. J. Hardy. He's not the quickest or the most athletic short stop, but he's excellent at what he does."


Alyssa with her mom Heather and dad Adam.